Pumpkin Pancakes-- Gluten free & Vegan!
Since it's fall, and fall is flying, I am trying to make as many pumpkin inspired recipes as possible!!! I was just giddy when I found gluten free pumpkin pancakes at Trader Joe's market. Check out my recipe using the Trader Joe's mix!
Though the recipe on the box says to use eggs, its really easy to make these vegan. I actually made a batch of both, and the vegan ones were way better!
- 1 cup of Trader Joe's gluten free pumpkin pancake mix
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- vegan egg solution
- 2 tbsp of Mill's flaxseed egg substitute + 3 tbsp of cold water (stir and let settle for a little bit)
- Pinch of organic ground cinnamon
- pinch of organic ground nutmeg
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and oil with coconut spray.
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth-- adding more water or flour to get a liquidy consistency.
- Slowly pour out the batter onto the skillet in small round areas with space inbetween each one.
- When the surface of the pancakes appear to have bubbles forming, flip them over with a spatula.
- When each side is golden, remove the pancakes from the pan and place them on a plate.
- Continue this method until you have your number of desired pancakes. Making new batter may be necessary-- I made the entire package of mix which was painstaking but very yummy!
- Serve with goat or vegan butter and organic maple syrup!
I served these babies to a whole room of hungry teenagers and they were quite the hit! So I assure you they are quite yummy.